Monday, January 14, 2013

baby blueberry cakes

 Baby Blueberry Cakes

This weekend I met up with an old friend who was passing through San Jose. She asked me how my food blogging was going. All I could do was try and think how long ago it was since I had baked and blogged... shame on me, it was ages ago!

So here goes a Monday morning special, baby blueberry cakes, just for you Amy - too bad you're not here to share them with us!


*Ingredients*
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
60 g. butter, melted
1 egg
1/4 soft brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup blueberries (dried ones soaked in boiling water)

1.Preaheat the oven to 200°C.

2.In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. In another bowl mix the vanilla essence, butter, eggs and milk and whisk until smooth.

3.Pour the liquid micture over the dry ingredients and combine well. Fold in the blueberries and divide the batter between two baby bake tins. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a cake comes out clean. 



1 comment:

Amy said...

They look buenisimo!
I'm very happy to hear our visit inspired some baking. I'll be sure to make you bake for me BEFORE i leave next time! Can't wait xox