Wednesday, May 9, 2012

peanut butter choco chip cookies

Yesterday I hurt my back, which means I didn't go to work today, which means I decided to bake myself some serious comfort food :) These cookies were exactly what I needed !

The recipe I found here: http://caitsplate.me/2012/05/04/jumbo-whole-wheat-peanut-butter-cookies/ but as usual, I modified things a little and added some big dark chocolate chips and used even more peanut butter :) miam!


Ingredients:
  • 45 grams. unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 tbsp. plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
  • 1 cups whole wheat flour - does this mean they are healthy ? :)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch salt
  • some dark chocolate broken into large chunks
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius
  2. Beat first 6 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth
  3. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt over the bowl and stir until just combined.
  4. Stir the chocolate chips in, careful not to over mix the batter.
  5. Using a spoon, scoop even balls of dough onto a tray with baking paper on it. 
  6. Cook 10-12 minutes until lightly browned
  7. Allow to cool 5 minutes on the pan (if you can resist from eating them!) then transfer to a wire rack

1 comment:

me said...

These look delicious! Love the chocolate chip addition! :)